Makes 24 cups
Prep: 30 minutes
Melt 2 minutes
Refrigerate: 1 1/4 hours.
5 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
2 teaspoons vegtable oil
24 small paper candy liners
1/2 cup dried cherries chopped
1/2 boiling water
3 tablespoons brandy or sustitute cherry juice (optional)
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1 drop red food coloring
1/4 grated lemon rind
1. Melt white chocolate and oil in medium microwave-safe bowl on high in microwave oven for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Using small clean brush, spread about 1 teaspoon into bottom and up side of each paper cup. Chill cups until firm, about 10 inutes, reserving any extra chocolate.
2. Place cherries in medium bowl. Add boiling water and brandy or cherry juice. Soak 5 minutes. Drain. reserving liquid.
3. Remove cups from refrigerator. Reinforce any weak spots inside cups with melted chocolate. Chill to set.
4. Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, food coloring, lemon rind and 2 tablespoons cherry soaking liquid in bowl. Stir in plumped cherries. Transfer to plastic food-storage bag; snip off corner. Pipe into cups, mounding slightly.
Chill 1 hour or until firm.
Heart Sandwich Cookies
Makes: 4 dozen cookies
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup solic vegtable shortening
3/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
3 tablespoons orange juice
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
2. Beat butter, sugars in bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. On low, beat in flour mixture.
3. On floured surface, roll out half of dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with 1 3/4 heart shaped or small round cookie cutter. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake in 375 degree oven 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to rack to cool. Roll, cut and bake remaining dough.
5. Filling: Beat sugar, shortening, rind and juice in bowl until smooth but thick. Spread 1 teaspoon on half the cookies. Sandwich with second cookie.
Let set 30 minutes
My Palace Kitchen
This page featured in the February Issue
Georgia get's my vote for Best Chocolate Site! Click HERE to go to her pages.