to end a July 4th
C E L E B R A T I O N
F I R E W O R K S.
Whether you attend
a large community
display or light up
a few Black Cats
in your back yard
the day is not complete
ends with a
Here's a display
for you that's
guaranteed not to
be rained out!
Please be patient while the fireworks download.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH MORE FIREWORKS
NO KIDDING SAFETY TIPS
Here are some great safty tips from the Duck Sparklers
Here's our advice about using actual fireworks:
- Never use a sparkler in the middle of a large crowd. Never throw a sparkler. Never run with a sparkler. Would you do those things with a welding torch? A sparkler is almost as hot.
- Put spent sparklers in a bucket of water. Hand held sparklers burn at 1800 degrees Fahrenheit, that's almost hot enough to melt gold, and they stay hot long after the spark has gone out.
- Keep sparklers well away from hair and clothing (and plush toys!) The sparks can start fires. Keep a second bucket of water handy to quickly douse a fire if it starts. Remember general fire safety tips such as, "Drop and roll."
- Never let young children use sparklers, and even older ones need adult supervision. Every 4th of July hospital emergency rooms see large numbers of preschool age children severely injured by ordinary sparklers.
- Don't let kids handle lighters or matches, light the sparklers for them. Or have then light off of other sparklers, a good option since it can be done at arm's length.
Even if some fireworks
are legal in your area they are still extremely dangerous. Researching
this page and reading about injuries, I could come to only one conclusion - Leave fireworks to the
professionals! A professional fireworks display can't be equaled, and it's
worth camping out all day to treat yourself to a really nice when you can, even if it's not
every year. For more Fourth of July information and Fire Safety sites see the Links.
Be careful out there!|
Some Graphics from:
Annie's Holiday Page
Firecrackers and sprakler from Phoenix Arizonia Fire Department
RETURN TO JULY 4th Page.
4th of July
President Matching Game
President Trivia Quiz
Started July 4, 1999 -2011